Virtual Learning Academy Application Process
Open enrollment for GGUSD’s Virtual Learning Academy begins April 19 through May 17. The Virtual Learning Academy provides a high-quality educational experience for students in transitional kindergarten through twelfth grade as an alternative option to in-person learning. The program offers a flexible learning schedule from home using GGUSD curriculum, live interactive instruction led by GGUSD teachers using cutting-edge instructional technology, and opportunities for on-campus tutoring and support.
The Virtual Learning Academy is designed for the student who is:
- Self-Motivated: Student can stay on track academically and is self-motivated to achieve personal academic growth.
- Skilled with Technology: Student enjoys and can thrive in an online learning environment using various digital tools.
- Academically Prepared: Student has a strong attendance record, is performing at grade level and is not lacking in any credits.
- Committed: Student is committed to attend the Virtual Learning Academy for the full 2021-2022 school year and has parent/guardian support and presence to help ensure student is meeting his/her academic goals.
Families who choose to apply to enroll their child(ren) in the Virtual Learning Academy must be prepared to make a one-year commitment to the program for the duration of the 2021-2022 school year.
Parents: Please understand that we have limited space available for the Virtual Learning Academy and not all applications will be accepted. Based on the number of online applications submitted, an interview process may be implemented for final selection.
As a reminder, GGUSD will provide 5 full days of in-person instruction at all schools during the 2021-2022 school year. Parents whose child(ren) have not been on campus since the onset of COVID-19 are encouraged to try sending students back now to observe the health and safety protocols in place and experience the benefits of in-person instruction.
Please call 714-663-6336 with questions about the Virtual Learning Academy for TK-6th grade students or 714-663-6291 for 7-12th grade students.
APPLY TO THE VIRTUAL LEARNING ACADEMY FOR THE 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR
- Click apply to be directed to Power School, our online application for the transfer process.
- Create an account in Power School and follow the Prompts
- Select Virtual Learning Academy for school that you wish to transfer into and provide the reason for the request.
- Submit your online application by May 17.