GGUSD is committed to keeping our community informed about the impact of the coronavirus public health crisis on our school system. All coronavirus related messages or updates from GGUSD to our families are posted here. For academic, wellness, and community-based resources, click here to visit our COVID Resources page.
Dear GGUSD Families,
As we have shared, GGUSD schools will open with 5 full days of in-person instruction in the fall. We made this announcement in the Spring and have been preparing for all possible health and safety scenarios to ensure that we can bring all students back to school. We know that school is the safest place for children to be and the best place for children to learn.
Yesterday, the California Department of Public Health issued updated guidance for K-12 schools. Below is a quick summary of what was released. Since this guidance was announced, additional questions and need for clarity have been expressed and updates are pending. We will share more details as we are still seeking clarification from legal counsel to ensure smooth implementation.
- Physical distancing requirements have been eliminated. This will allow all students to learn from the classroom without physical barriers or restrictive distancing. This is great news for student learning!
- Students will no longer be required to wear masks in ANY outdoor settings including coming onto/exiting campus, during lunch, recess or during outdoor before and after school programs. Masks will be required indoors at school sites during the school day. CDPH will continue to assess conditions and will determine no later than November 1 whether to update mask requirements or recommendations.
The new guidance also includes recommendations for ventilation, staying home when sick, screening, case reporting, quarantine procedures for vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals, hand hygiene, cleaning, food service, vaccination verification, and safety planning.
As a reminder, CDPH dictates the health requirements that schools must follow. We remain committed to providing a safe learning environment for all students! We will continue to utilize stringent cleaning and disinfection procedures, promote frequent hand washing, encourage staff and students who are ill to stay home, and other proven COVID-19 prevention strategies.
We will keep you updated as we have more details to share.
- Weekly Update - June 4, 2021
- Weekly Update - May 28, 2021
- Weekly Update – Virtual Learning Academy Deadline, Masks, Vaccinations, and GGUSD Success
- In-Person Instruction and Vaccination Opportunities - May 14, 2021
- Weekly Update – In-Person Instruction and Orange County COVID-19 Testing and Vaccination Info
- School Safety Video from the Superintendent
- Weekly Update - April 23, 2021
- Weekly Reopening Update - April 16, 2021
- Virtual Learning Academy - Open Enrollment
- Distance Learning in the 2021-2022 School Year
- Weekly Reopening Update - March 19, 2021
- Weekly Reopening Update – March 12, 2021
- Reopening Update - March 5, 2021
- Weekly Reopening Update - February 19, 2021
- Weekly Reopening Update - February 11, 2021
- Weekly Reopening Update – February 5, 2021
- Weekly Reopening Update – January 29, 2021
- Reopening Announcement - January 20, 2021
- Distance Learning Support, Survey Results, Vaccine Resources, Mental Health and More
- GGUSD Update for Families
- All GGUSD Schools resume Distance Learning Jan 4.
- Wishing You a Safe Holiday Season
- Regional Stay-at-Home Order
- Criteria for Schools to Remain Open
- New Restrictions on Gatherings and Travel
- Reopening Update – November 13, 2020
- Reopening Reminder: Frequent Hand Washing
- Grab and Go Meal Update
- High School Reopening Announcement
- Weekly Reopening Update – October 30, 2020
- Weekly Reopening Update - October 23, 2020
- School Reopening Announcement
- Weekly Reopening Update - October 16, 2020
- Weekly Reopening Update – October 9, 2020
- School Reopening Announcement
- Weekly Reopening Update - October 2, 2020
- Weekly Reopening Update - September 25, 2020
- Weekly Reopening Update – September 18, 2020
- POSTPONEMENT OF IN-PERSON CLASSES
- Weekly Reopening Update – September 11, 2020
- Important Announcement about School Reopening
- Weekly Reopening Update – August 28, 2020
- First Day of Distance Learning is August 24
- Weekly Reopening Update – August 14, 2020
- Weekly Reopening Update – August 7, 2020
- Weekly Reopening Update - July 31, 2020
- Weekly Reopening Update - July 24, 2020
- Important Announcement from GGUSD
- Weekly Reopening Update and Survey Question - July 17, 2020
- Weekly Reopening Update - July 10, 2020
- Weekly Reopening Update – July 2, 2020
- Weekly Reopening Update - June 26, 2020
- Weekly Reopening Update - June 19, 2020
- End of Year Update
- Elementary Report Cards
- GGUSD COVID-19 Response Plan for Parents
- GGUSD COVID-19 Response Plan for Students
- GGUSD Virtual Graduations for Class of 2020
- Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer Cards
- District Update
- Cancellation of Summer Sports
- GGUSD Senior Spotlight
- GGUSD Launches Helpline to Support Students and Families during COVID-19
- Expectations for Student Behavior during Distance Learning - 5/13/2020
- Interim Grading Policy - 5/8/2020
- Virtual Graduations - 4/30/2020
- School Calendar Clarification - 4/29/2020
- At-Home Learning Support - 4/24/2020
- Frequently Asked Questions for High School Seniors - 4/16/2020
- Grab and Go Meal Update - 4/14/2020
- Grab and Go Meal Update - 4/09/2020
- Mailer to All GGUSD Families - 4/02/2020
- Coronavirus Update - 4/02/2020
- Coronavirus Update - 3/31/2020
- Coronavirus Update - 3/30/2020
- Coronavirus Update - 3/27/2020
- Coronavirus Update - 3/20/2020
- Coronavirus Update - 3/18/2020
- Coronavirus Update - 3/16/2020
- Coronavirus Update - 3/14/2020
- Coronavirus Update - 3/13/2020
- Coronavirus Update - 3/12/2020
- Coronavirus Update - 2/28/2020
- Coronavirus Update - 1/29/2020
Things You Should Know
- Governor Newsom declared a Stay at Home executive order effective March 19, mandating individuals across the state to, except for essential services, remain in their homes to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Click here for the details.
- The order does NOT change the directive for school districts to continue offering distance learning and meal service for our students. These are considered essential services.
- As part of our transition to at-home learning, the district is closing its schools and district office to the public effective Monday, March 23. The majority of GGUSD’s employees are working from home, responding to calls and emails as quickly as possible.
- Teachers are working diligently to provide learning opportunities that can be accessed from home and schools have distributed laptops/devices to students as appropriate.
- Parents are strongly encouraged to make sure your contact information is up to date in the Parent Portal. This will ensure that you receive regular communication from GGUSD via ParentSquare (voicemail, text, and/or email).
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Coronavirus
- Orange County Health Care Agency: Coronavirus
- OC Health Care Agency: Guidance to Schools
- OC Health Care Agency: FAQ
- California Department of Public Health: Coronavirus
- CDC Healthy Habits to Help Prevent the Flu
- OCDE Newsroom: Coronavirus updates