Things You Should Know
- Governor Newsom declared a Stay at Home executive order effective March 19, mandating individuals across the state to, except for essential services, remain in their homes to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Click here for the details.
- The order does NOT change the directive for school districts to continue offering distance learning and meal service for our students. These are considered essential services.
- As part of our transition to at-home learning, the district is closing its schools and district office to the public effective Monday, March 23. The majority of GGUSD’s employees are working from home, responding to calls and emails as quickly as possible.
- Teachers are working diligently to provide learning opportunities that can be accessed from home and schools have distributed laptops/devices to students as appropriate.
- Parents are strongly encouraged to make sure your contact information is up to date in the Parent Portal. This will ensure that you receive regular communication from GGUSD via ParentSquare (voicemail, text, and/or email).
- GGUSD is offering a free drive-through and walk-up Grab and Go meal program beginning Monday, March 16 to help ensure that children have access to nutritional meals when school is not in session. The program will provide free lunch from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. The meals are available to all children age 18 and under and any developmental disabled person under 21 years of age who is enrolled in an institution or Regional Center program. As per federal and state guidelines, students must be present to receive the meals. GGUSD is committed to providing a safe and sanitary environment at all meal distribution sites.
The 13 meal service locations include:
- Alamitos Intermediate School, 12381 Dale St., Garden Grove
- Bell Intermediate School, 12345 Springdale St., Garden Grove
- Fitz Intermediate School, 4600 West McFadden Ave. Santa Ana
- Irvine Intermediate School, 10552 Hazard Ave., Santa Ana
- Ralston Intermediate School, 10851 Lampson Ave., Garden Grove
- Peters K-3 Elementary, 13162 Newhope St., Garden Grove
- Bolsa Grande High School, 9401 Westminster Ave., Garden Grove
- Garden Grove High School, 11271 Stanford Ave., Garden Grove
- La Quinta High School, 10372 McFadden Ave., Westminster
- Los Amigos High School, 16566 Newhope St., Fountain Valley
- Pacifica High School, 6851 Lampson Ave., Garden Grove
- Rancho Alamitos High School, 11351 Dale St., Garden Grove
- Santiago High School, 12342 Trask Ave., Garden Grove
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Coronavirus
- Orange County Health Care Agency: Coronavirus
- OC Health Care Agency: Guidance to Schools
- OC Health Care Agency: FAQ
- California Department of Public Health: Coronavirus
- CDC Healthy Habits to Help Prevent the Flu
- OCDE Newsroom: Coronavirus updates