GGUSD is committed to keeping our community informed about the impact of the coronavirus public health crisis on our school system. All coronavirus related messages or updates from GGUSD to our families are posted here. For academic, wellness, and community-based resources, click here to visit our COVID Resources page.
Dear Parents, Students and Staff,
As you know, all Garden Grove Unified School District schools are open for in-person instruction and in the fall, we will return to 5 FULL days of in-person instruction for all students!
GGUSD will not be able to continue offering a school-based distance learning option next school year. To those families with children who remain at home on distance learning since last year – we strongly urge you to contact your schools for options to come back to school now and see for yourself how school is the safest place for your children to be and the best place to learn!
Please take a moment to watch this video from Superintendent Dr. Gabriela Mafi to learn more about the importance and safety of in-person instruction! Click here for the video.
Since reopening for in-person instruction, we have seen first-hand the effectiveness of our COVID-19 prevention efforts! Our health and safety protocols are working to keep our students healthy and well! COVID-19 cases are low and isolated and there has been NO on-campus spread of COVID-19.
Families wishing to continue with a distance learning model may apply for our Virtual Learning Academy now through May 21. Space is limited and depending on interest, an interview process may be implemented. It’s important to understand that while the Virtual Learning Academy will provide on-site tutoring and support, VLA students will not have the opportunity to participate in any school-based Visual and Performing Arts programs, athletic teams, clubs or school-based extracurricular activities that enrich the educational experience of our students. School is the best place for students to learn to gain the academic and social-emotional benefits of face to face instruction! Click here to learn more about the Virtual Learning Academy application process.
Thank you for your continued partnership as we work together to support the academic and personal needs of ALL students.
- Weekly Update - April 23, 2021
- Weekly Reopening Update - April 16, 2021
- Virtual Learning Academy - Open Enrollment
- Distance Learning in the 2021-2022 School Year
- In-Person Graduation and Commencement Ceremonies
- GGUSD to Begin 5 Full Days of In-Person Instruction in the Fall
- Weekly Reopening Update - March 19, 2021
- Weekly Reopening Update – March 12, 2021
- Reopening Update - March 5, 2021
- Reopening Update - February 26, 2021
- Weekly Reopening Update - February 19, 2021
- Weekly Reopening Update - February 11, 2021
- Weekly Reopening Update – February 5, 2021
- Weekly Reopening Update – January 29, 2021
- Reopening Announcement - January 20, 2021
- Distance Learning Support, Survey Results, Vaccine Resources, Mental Health and More
- GGUSD Update for Families
- All GGUSD Schools resume Distance Learning Jan 4.
- Wishing You a Safe Holiday Season
- Regional Stay-at-Home Order
- Criteria for Schools to Remain Open
- New Restrictions on Gatherings and Travel
- Reopening Update – November 13, 2020
- Reopening Reminder: Frequent Hand Washing
- Grab and Go Meal Update
- High School Reopening Announcement
- Weekly Reopening Update – October 30, 2020
- Weekly Reopening Update - October 23, 2020
- School Reopening Announcement
- Weekly Reopening Update - October 16, 2020
- Weekly Reopening Update – October 9, 2020
- School Reopening Announcement
- Weekly Reopening Update - October 2, 2020
- Weekly Reopening Update - September 25, 2020
- Weekly Reopening Update – September 18, 2020
- POSTPONEMENT OF IN-PERSON CLASSES
- Weekly Reopening Update – September 11, 2020
- Important Announcement about School Reopening
- Weekly Reopening Update – August 28, 2020
- First Day of Distance Learning is August 24
- Weekly Reopening Update – August 14, 2020
- Weekly Reopening Update – August 7, 2020
- Weekly Reopening Update - July 31, 2020
- Weekly Reopening Update - July 24, 2020
- Important Announcement from GGUSD
- Weekly Reopening Update and Survey Question - July 17, 2020
- Weekly Reopening Update - July 10, 2020
- Weekly Reopening Update – July 2, 2020
- Weekly Reopening Update - June 26, 2020
- Weekly Reopening Update - June 19, 2020
- End of Year Update
- Elementary Report Cards
- GGUSD COVID-19 Response Plan for Parents
- GGUSD COVID-19 Response Plan for Students
- GGUSD Virtual Graduations for Class of 2020
- Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer Cards
- District Update
- Cancellation of Summer Sports
- GGUSD Senior Spotlight
- GGUSD Launches Helpline to Support Students and Families during COVID-19
- Expectations for Student Behavior during Distance Learning - 5/13/2020
- Interim Grading Policy - 5/8/2020
- Virtual Graduations - 4/30/2020
- School Calendar Clarification - 4/29/2020
- At-Home Learning Support - 4/24/2020
- Frequently Asked Questions for High School Seniors - 4/16/2020
- Grab and Go Meal Update - 4/14/2020
- Grab and Go Meal Update - 4/09/2020
- Mailer to All GGUSD Families - 4/02/2020
- Coronavirus Update - 4/02/2020
- Coronavirus Update - 3/31/2020
- Coronavirus Update - 3/30/2020
- Coronavirus Update - 3/27/2020
- Coronavirus Update - 3/20/2020
- Coronavirus Update - 3/18/2020
- Coronavirus Update - 3/16/2020
- Coronavirus Update - 3/14/2020
- Coronavirus Update - 3/13/2020
- Coronavirus Update - 3/12/2020
- Coronavirus Update - 2/28/2020
- Coronavirus Update - 1/29/2020
Things You Should Know
- Governor Newsom declared a Stay at Home executive order effective March 19, mandating individuals across the state to, except for essential services, remain in their homes to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Click here for the details.
- The order does NOT change the directive for school districts to continue offering distance learning and meal service for our students. These are considered essential services.
- As part of our transition to at-home learning, the district is closing its schools and district office to the public effective Monday, March 23. The majority of GGUSD’s employees are working from home, responding to calls and emails as quickly as possible.
- Teachers are working diligently to provide learning opportunities that can be accessed from home and schools have distributed laptops/devices to students as appropriate.
- Parents are strongly encouraged to make sure your contact information is up to date in the Parent Portal. This will ensure that you receive regular communication from GGUSD via ParentSquare (voicemail, text, and/or email).
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Coronavirus
- Orange County Health Care Agency: Coronavirus
- OC Health Care Agency: Guidance to Schools
- OC Health Care Agency: FAQ
- California Department of Public Health: Coronavirus
- CDC Healthy Habits to Help Prevent the Flu
- OCDE Newsroom: Coronavirus updates